Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Etsy Blog - Fresh Shop: Andersen Familiar by Hayley Andersen So simple, so elegant!

Etsy Blog - Fresh Shop: Andersen Familiar

"My name is Hayley Andersen, and Andersen Familiar is my brand new little shop of experiments. At 24, newly graduated with a degree in architecture and unsure what to do next, I decided to follow my hands and my love of making, which lead me to bending plywood. I knew I needed some time before I would be ready to go back to graduate school, and furniture design was something I had been pursuing on my own throughout my undergrad years. So I decided to start small and learn some new skills I had a feeling I would need when it came down to the big projects. Bending plywood seemed like a good first step, and desk-top objects seemed like a small enough scale. And so, the idea of my bent plywood jewelry stands was born."
All Photos by andersenfamiliar

 "I was lucky enough to study abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark, for a year, and the Scandinavian design sensibility rooted itself in my personal aesthetic."





No comments:

Post a Comment